[pptp-server] PPTP vulnerabilities that still exist?

Thor Johnson thor at advance-it.com
Tue Aug 3 11:51:29 CDT 1999

Been reading through the PPTP faqs... and as I understand it the main 2
attacks on a PPTP server are:
	1. Lack of authenticating the control port (DoS)
	2. Short passwords

Is it possible to put in a long password on the /etc/chap-secrets (64
chars?) and in the DUN & have it work?

Does applying the PPTP-Masq patch (GRE, etc) to my firewall at work (so I
can PPTP to home) compromise the firewall's security (I understand the
concerns about the home-network from the FAQs, but - if I have my home
connection up, can someone "invade" work?)

TIA,
Thor Johnson