Network Neighborhood browsing (was Re: [pptp-server] Connected, but not browsing.)

Matthew Ramsay matthewr at moreton.com.au
Tue Dec 21 16:48:01 CST 1999

>> Q. will these packets make it down the VPN tunnel to the poptop
>> server? My initial thoughts are *no*. I will do some tests on this
>> in a few days.
>
>Correct.

correct that it will make it, or correct that it wont?

>  1) Have a WINS server (see Samba's "wins server" parameter).

A number of replies mention a wins server.. so I'm going to follow this up
closely.. Is there any light-weight wins servers out there? I had a quick look
around but couldn't find any. Samba is too huge for my purposes (ie. I may hack
one together).

Comments?

Cheers,
Matt.