[pptp-server] Re: [pptp-server] Problem connecting Win98

David Luyer luyer at ucs.uwa.edu.au
Thu Jun 24 22:42:44 CDT 1999

> I think that Ive configured the Win98 according to all rules. Tried
> different machines from different places...
>
> Any clues?

I noticed your trace was using Unix98 pty's.  I've never actually tested using
them, it's possible they have slightly different semantics on read/select() on
PTY before TTY is open.  I'm hoping not though.

Does your pppd properly support Unix98 pty's?

The other thing I noticed is that you're up to a pty >= 10, which means
the name is longer than a traditional pty device name.  Since pptpd never
sees the actual PTY name if it's using the OS openpty() this shouldn't be
an issue though.  It might be a problem in pppd having an issue with Unix98
pty's - I've never tested it.

David.