[pptp-server] Domain logins from a different domain

Carey Jung carey at itfreedom.com
Sun Oct 17 18:17:06 CDT 1999

Hi all,

I don't think this is purely a pptpd issue, but could someone please help
solve the following problem.  I have an NT workstation logged into a work
domain with one login, call it WORK\worklogin, and I want to create a VPN
connection to my home network and access Samba resources.  Call the home
login HOME\homelogin.  How do I do this?  I don't think I should have to
change my workstation's host domain, should I?  What needs to go into the
ppp chap-secrets and options files?

BTW, I can successfully login to my home network a phone dial-up to my ISP,
so I know the basics are working.  In that situation, though, I have my
workstation's domain set to my HOME domain.

thanks

Carey Jung                                 IT Freedom
carey at itfreedom.com                        8127 Mesa Dr, B206, PMB 360
(512)502.1171, fax (512)349.2165           Austin, TX 78759-8632