[pptp-server] IPX

tmk tmk at netmagic.net
Mon Oct 25 15:31:47 CDT 1999

I had this same problem with my old linux (rh 5.2) computer (and it's pppd
that cant find IPX, not pptpd) and i never found a solution. I was building
a redhat 6 system at the time and the problem didnt exist there.

Make sure you do a make clean between kernel compilations. That might be the
problem. I think what happens is that the pppd kernel was compiled without
support for ipx, and somehow it never gets the idea that it's there. It may
also be a setting external to ppp or the kernel that i just didnt find. Like
i said, i never fixed the problem.

Kevin