[pptp-server] PPTPD on FreeBSD 3.4-release

Ivan Fetch ivanfetch at technologist.com
Thu Feb 17 02:48:38 CST 2000

Hello,
   I would like to setup PPTPD on a FreeBSD 3.4-release machine.  FreeBSD
uses a user level program called ppp (vs. pppd) a lot of the time to
handle ppp trafic and I am thinking that this program may work instead of
pppd with respect to pptpd.  Does anyone have experience at all setting up
pptpd on FreeBSD 3.4-release?  Do you use ppp (user level program) or the
conventional pppd?  Might it be possible for me to get some installation
instructions pertaining to FreeBSD?  There is a pptpd package which I have
installed - configuration files are where I am falling short.

Thank you,
Ivan Fetch.