[pptp-server] Newbie / PPTP on a firewall

Koopmann, Jan-Peter j.koopmann at akctech.de
Thu Jan 20 11:28:59 CST 2000

Hi,

I am a complete PPTPD newbie and need some advice. Right now we have the
following setup:

Internet                                      Linux Firewall
internal network

*.*.*.*	=====	static public IP address --> ipchains and NAT -->
private IP 172.16.40.254   ===== 172.16.40.*  network

I want to be able to establish VPN tunnels with PPTP from Windows 2000
clients. I thought about installing PPTPD on the Linux firewall. Will
this work? Can Win2000 (and Win98) clients connect to the PPTPD on the
Linux Firewall and "see" everything in the private 172.16.40.* network
from that point on? If so, what will the configuration have to look
like?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance,

regards Jan-Peter

Adam & Koopmann Computertechnik
- Geschäftsführer -
Bismarckstr. 59