[pptp-server] Req. help w/ MPPE support (against Win2K)

Charles Duffy cduffy at mvista.com
Wed Jun 14 11:54:42 CDT 2000

On Wed, Jun 14, 2000 at 09:00:31AM -0700, Eric H wrote:
> I haven't played around with Win2k yet, but from what I understand, you
> must manually enable the older encryption methods and LanMan Hashes
> and so forth. I believe it's a registry key that needs to be changed.

I'm quite sure that's the case for running Samba... if it's also the
case for MPPE, I'd be most appreciative if you could point me towards
somewhere these keys are mentioned.

> If you're expieriencing lost/dropped packets, then there's another
> issue... The easiest fix is to use stateless encryption and in ppp_mppe.c
> (under your usr/src/linux dir) in the decrypt/decompress function make it
> loop through the update_count method until the count matches and NOT
> return an error (just continue).

One issue -- for some odd reason some of the Windows machines here (eg W2K
after installing the 128-bit crypto patch) dislike stateless mode.

Are there any other known workarounds?