[pptp-server] Domain Users List not available in Sharing

IvanK ivank at rcn.com
Fri Mar 24 01:37:33 CST 2000

Hi everyone.

First I wanna thank the poptop developrs for a great program!  I got it
to work almost the way I want it.  There are 2 little problems I have to
resolve.  I have a workaround for the first, but not the second.  Here
goes:

I have a linux box running samba and pptpd and I've set samba's security
to domain and I authenticate all logins agains an NT PDC.  This works.
When I connect from a Win95 box, I can see all computers in Network
Neighborhood and I can go into their shares, mount them, etc.  This
works.  However, if I try to share something on my computer and click
the add users button (I've specified user-level access in the Network
Control Panel) I get a message that says the list of users is not
available.  I'm guessing that's a samba issue, but wanted to know if
anyone can give me ideas how to fix this.  This is minor, but I just
want to make sure that my users can share their local hard drives,
before I roll out the VPN access to home users.

Thanks,
Chepati.
--
In GNU/Linux We Trust!