[pptp-server] Latest MsChapv2 code

Hugh Young hughy at computone.com
Mon Apr 9 17:31:21 CDT 2001

Hello,

Currently I'm writing code that enables my product to handle both in and
outbound MsChapv2 calls.  My code, which is written from RFC2759 works fine
up to a certain point.  Inside a MsChapv2 success packet, there is a 40hex
digit response that I have to calculate and match on my end in order to open
up a connection.  My code(based on RFC2759) correctly calculates the
PeerChallenge and Authenticator response using MD4, SHA, and the expanded
Unicodepassword.  However, when using this code in the
GenerateAuthenticatorResponse which is also called in
CheckAuthenticatorResponse, the 40 digits(42 digits with "S","=") do not
match.  Could you please provide some assistance in locating some updated
code, advising me what the problem might be, or if necessary please forward
this email along.

Thanks,
  Hugh Young
   770 625 0000  x1201