[pptp-server] error message appearing on screen which preferred to log or /dev/ null.

George Vieira GeorgeV at citadelcomputer.com.au
Thu Jul 26 19:10:25 CDT 2001

Hi all,

Is there a way to redirect those "discarded out of order packets" and those
start up/ shutdown messages from the console or tty which ran pptp to a log
file or /dev/null?

I tried the
daemon.debug			/var/log/pptp.log

but I still get these messages and I want them silent. I think these
"discarded out of order packets" are being caused because of this DAMN mppe
bug which isn't encrypting..... I don't get these if it started OK. The damn
thing is loaded "lsmod" but not starting.. I'm gonna have to recompile this
machine again I think..

thanks,
George Vieira
Network Engineer