[pptp-server] Sharing a PPTP VPN connection between ICS clients of a Windows 98 SE box

Justin Kreger lists at earthling.2y.net
Sun Jun 3 10:41:12 CDT 2001

In all honesty... you need a real OS routing packets.  I have in the past
run tunnels inside of tunnels on nt4 and win2k for testing purposes.  If
you have NT, you can install stealhead (Routing and Remote Access
Services), and maybe achive what you need...  This is not the first time
this question has come up.... maybe searching through the archives can
reveal something.

On the subject of two tunnels, the RFC spec for pptp is designed so
multiple tunnels from the same ip are possible, but ms's impmentation
dosent seem to allow it... and pptpd is not compliant to the spec in that
area from what I am aware of.

Have you tried tunneling into the linux box from the box running ICS and
see if you could somehow route traffic with static routes?

Justin Kreger, MCP MCSE CCNA
jkreger at earthling.2y.net jwkreger at uncg.edu jkreger at aristotle.wss.net