[pptp-server] UNSUBSCRIBES

Charlie Brady charlieb at e-smith.com
Thu Sep 6 10:36:18 CDT 2001

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Pete Starzewski wrote:

> And you don't have to be a rude little SOB.

That's the pot calling the kettle black, if I've ever seen it.

> The unsubscribe for this list is NOT automated.

Really? You know that for a fact?

> I tried unsubscribing almost 3 weeks ago and I still get the mail too.

Most likely because you unsubscribed a different email address from teh
one which is still being delivered, or you didn't use the correct
password. If you did any of those things, the mailing list manager will
inform you by mail.

> You go to unsub and you get a cute little mail message back that the
> moderator will remove you as soon as possible and it never happens.

That's funny, because I just unsubscribed by mail, and I received a
message confirming that the unsubscribe had succeeded. Nothing in there
about a moderator being involved.

> You want to bitch at someone, bitch at the moderator who obviously
> either doesn't know what he is doing, or just doesn't give a damn.

OTOH, you could just follow the instructions carefully, and keep your ugly
opinions to yourself.