[pptp-server] Getting BSD PPP + MPPE to work?

Adrian Close adrian at close.wattle.id.au
Fri Apr 19 20:27:36 CDT 2002

Hi all,

I've been searching the archives but haven't found what I need so far. If
someone could tell me the special magic to get MPPE working with a Windows
Me client and BSD (OpenBSD 3.1-current) server using userland PPP, I'd
really appreciate it.

I have PPTP working fine without payload encryption (encrypted auth works
for me).  But when I turn it on ('set mppe * *'), the Windows side seems
to think it's negotiated a connection, but the link doesn't seem to work
(no ping) and the BSD PPP logs fill up with rejection messages for
constant changing bogus protocol numbers.

I'm sure I've missed something trivial...

Thanks,

Adrian Close			email:	adrian at close.wattle.id.au
1 Old Gippsland Rd.		web:	http://www.close.wattle.id.au/~adrian
Lilydale, VIC, 3140, Australia	mobile:	+61 412 385 201