[pptp-server] PPTP with PPP in sync mode problem

James Cameron james.cameron at hp.com
Sun Aug 11 20:10:43 CDT 2002

G'day Sang,

You posted essentially the same question to both the pptpd and the pptp
mailing lists.  But I'm not sure if you are asking about the PPTP Server
or the PPTP Client.  I initially answered assuming you were asking about
the server, pptpd.

I've checked both pptpd (1.1.2) and pptp (cvs) source code.
Neither handle pppd sync mode.

However, as Rein Klazes says, he has a patch available for pptp.  I've
reviewed that patch and I can see how it works.

In my review of pptpgre.c in pptpd, there have been significant changes
since it was derived from the pptp_gre.c from pptp, so Rein's patch
would need some work to apply.

--
James Cameron                                     (james.cameron at hp.com)

http://quozl.linux.org.au/         (or)         http://quozl.netrek.org/