RES: [pptp-server] Is PoPToP dead?

Charlie Brady charlieb at e-smith.com
Mon Mar 18 17:23:07 CST 2002

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002, James Cameron wrote:

> We're using SourceForge for the web site, bug tracker, mailing lists,
> and CVS.  The main benefit is ease of maintaining the developer list.

I've rarely found a SourceForge based web site which invites revisit.

> Creating a project pptpserver on SourceForge and adopting the code
> from PoPToP is an option I would prefer, if you are truly committed to
> forking.

I didn't think anyone was suggesting forking. It's only a fork if both
projects continue to develop. Hence a dead project cannot be forked.

Charlie Brady                         charlieb at e-smith.com
Lead Product Developer
Network Server Solutions Group        http://www.e-smith.com/
Mitel Networks Corporation            http://www.mitel.com/
Phone: +1 (613) 368 4376 or 564 8000  Fax: +1 (613) 564 7739