[pptp-server] pptp client

Chris Tooley ctooley at amoa.org
Sat Mar 23 07:10:29 CST 2002

At the moment you need to put the user and password in the chap-secrets
on both the server and client.  You can't pass the password on the
command-line, I'm still working on that.  You can however pass the user
on the command line (and probably should).  If you choose not to do that
you need to use the hostname as your "Client" in the chap-secrets.  Here
is an example:

For passing username at run time:
Client		Server		Secret		IP Address
ctooley		filecabinet	superpass	*

For accepting default user:
Client		Server		Secret		IP Address
incandescent	*		superpass	*

If you are on dhcp like me host based passwords can be a pain to managed
on the server.  To use a real username enter your command like so:

pptp filecabinet user ctooley
pptp <hostname> user <username>

There is a pptpclient mailing list as well if that helps.

Good luck.

Chris Tooley