No subject

Sun Jul 8 18:14:56 CDT 2012

Linux box, I can't ping the NT box.  It's like the connection doesn't
really exist.

>Does anyone know if IP forwarding has to be turned on on the NT
>machine for this to work?  I know it has to be turned on at the linux
>box.  On the Linux box do a:
>
>cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward -server

The NT machine shouldn't need to have IP forwarding turned on, since it's
the client in this case.  On the Linux box, IP forwarding is turned on.  In
fact, the private network is all functioning quite well, getting to and
from the internet, etc.

I'm wondering if the firewalling rules on the Linux box are too restrictive
somehow, although I would have expected the connection attempt to be
rejected if that were the case.
Thomas Koschate
koschate at bigfoot.com

For PGP Key, see
http://keys.pgp.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xF45280AD
"Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting."

     John Russell