[pptp-server] Please help..

tmk tmk at netmagic.net
Mon Aug 2 19:20:50 CDT 1999

> connect if I am using Windows 95 using the updated DUN version 1.3.   When I
> am connected, I can not ping anything on the subnet.  I am sure I need to do
> something else.     I thought it had something to do with the subnet I was
> assigned when connected.   I reconfigured the Linux box to 192.168.0.7 -
> 255.255.255.0 so it would be on the same subnet as the server that I need to
> be able to access: 192.168.0.2 (NT Box..)..

try this: make the pptp remote IP addresses on the same subnet as your
private network, use the proxyarp ppp option, and make sure ip forwarding
is allowed in the kernel.

> Also, I am unable to connect with my Win98 box that is masqueraded behind a
> Linux router, is this an issue?    I had someone on dial-up test with Win98
> and he could connect (after uninstalling DUN and reinstalling like someone
> suggested).

masquing is bad for pptp, but there is a kernel mod out there which will
tunnel pptp through a masq server.. the problem is that the server needs
to make a connection back to the clients, and masquing doesn't do this
without a patch.

Kevin