[pptp-server] Got it.... almost....

tmk tmk at netmagic.net
Tue Aug 3 11:18:30 CDT 1999

> This allows the link to come up & become connected, but I am still having
> problem:
> The NT machine cannot see the entire inside subnet (i.e. ping 192.0.3.1
> [PPTP inside address] works, as does ping 192.0.3.245 [Pptp inside end
> address], but ping 192.0.3.2 [an NT box on the inside] does not.
>
> The NT Box on the inside can ping 192.0.3.245, but no 192.168.0.245
(PPTP's
> given address).

this is a routing issue. if pings are to work across subnets, masquing must
be disabled on them, and both participants in the ping must have the linux
box as a gateway

As for the proxy arp error, that just means that the pptp addresses are on a
different subnet than the ethernet card, and therefore proxy arp can't work.

Kevin