[pptp-server] Win98 dialup problem

Alessandro Iob alex at nauta.it
Thu Aug 5 10:25:00 CDT 1999

I think this is really a win98 configuration problem, but I could not
resolve it, so...
The proble is that I couldn't set correct routing when the pptp (VPN)
connection is started over a ppp-modem (Remote Access) connection.
The authentication works and the connection with the pptp server is
estabilished, but the private ip packets are routed through the normal
dial-up ppp connection, and not over the VPN one. So the win98 client
couldn't reache the remote vpn.

I've installed , in the network control pannel this devices and
protocols:

Microsoft VPN adapter
Remote access Adapter
Remote access Adapter #2 (for VPN)
NDISWAN VPN for microsoft clients
TCP/IP protocol
TCP/IP protocol #2 (for VPN)

PPTP connections over LAN work correctly.
Any suggestions?

Thank You

Alex Iob
<alex at nauta.it>