[pptp-server] problem with mppe patch on pppd

Rick Matlock rmatlock at calltech.com
Mon Aug 9 15:02:40 CDT 1999

This is probably an extermely simple solution, so I figured I would post
it.  I am getting the following error win I attempt to insmod the
ppp_mppe module:

unresolved symbol RC4_set_key

I have attempted to use the rc4.h and the rc4_enc.c files from both
SSLea-0.9.0b and openssl-0.9.3a, but both have the exact same problem.

Any quick solutions, or a URL that has the solution?  I found the above
function in the rc4_skey.c file:

void RC4_set_key(key, len, data)
RC4_KEY *key;
int len;
register unsigned char *data;

I am using pppd-2.3.8 and the patch.  THe patch installed fine, and the
kernel compiled good.  All other modules in the kernel work, just the
ppp_mppe is giving this error.

  Thanks in advance for any help.
  Rick