[pptp-server] seperate configs for seperate accounts

Russell.Dill at asu.edu Russell.Dill at asu.edu
Sat Aug 14 13:14:43 CDT 1999

I know its easy for me to say, because I'll probably end up doing 0 of the
coding but.....

If you are allowing various vpn clients to connect, it occasionally becomes
neccesary to have different pptp.conf's for the different clients (ie,
allowing access to different subnets, routing to a different subnet upon
connection instead of proxyaring the remote IP onto the current subnet, etc).
It seems that the way to do this (I haven't looked at the pppd or pptpd, so
chances are, there is a better way) would be to make sections in the
pptpd.conf file. Each section would contain the standard pptpd.conf options,
along with a user name and a ppp directory. The ppp directory would be a the
directory that ppp looks for everything in (options, ip-up, chap-secrets,
etc). This would probably neccesitate patching pppd....but there are other
reasons to patch ppp (Saw something in the mailing list reguarding having ppp
strip the domain name from the login).

I guess I will look into the code a bit myself since this functionality is
important to me, but I have no clue reguarding the ppp and pptpd source

Russ Dill
russell.dill at asu.edu