[pptp-server] 128 bit encryption

Carlos Javier Castro Pena jcaspen at ittc.ukans.edu
Mon Aug 16 16:32:42 CDT 1999

I couldn't  connect with 128 bit encryption. I installed mpee and the MS
patch in the client and the server. There is no problem with 40 bit
encryption. What can be the reason? Can it be that the rc4 libraries
from SSLeay 0.6.6 didn't include this support?

I tried w/ pptp 1.0.2 client, and I had the same problem. I noticed that
with this program the server didn't say that 40 bit encryption was
enabled, but I think that it was working, because the memory usage
augmented and the transference speed diminished.