[pptp-server] pptp-0.9.13 (2)

Andrew McRory amacc at mailer.org
Fri Aug 20 12:27:42 CDT 1999

On Fri, 20 Aug 1999, Paulo Fragoso wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using Comopaq Microcom 4000 as pptp-client. My server is pptp-0.9.13
> and this way I would like authenticate ISDN connections. Is it possible?
>
> When some user connect to Microcom by ISDN, pptp server return this error:
>
> pptpd[6180]: CTRL: PPTP Control Message type 9 not supported.
> pptpd[6180]: CTRL: Got a reply to a packet we didn't send
>
> What does "type 9" means? What does Microcom waits?

Sorry Paulo,

The PNS side of the PPTP protocol is not supported by current versions of
PoPToP. I have been told support will be considered/added after the 1.0
release.

Those of us with CM4000's are waiting patiently!

Andrew McRory - amacc at linuxsys.com ************************************
President / Chief Technical Officer                                   *
Iron-Bridge Communications / Linux Systems Engineers / The PC Doctors *
3009-C West Tharpe Street - Tallahassee, FL 32303                     *