[pptp-server] mppe_comp_reset problems

Chris Swan cswan at connectria.com
Wed Dec 1 08:26:42 CST 1999

Check the specifications for the protocol, but I believe that MPPE (or
is it PPTP?) exchanges a new keypair every X seconds, based on the
theory that a new keypair every so often will make the connection more
secure.

That's just my guess, though...

And I think that's also the reason that mapped SMB shares will expire
over a PPTP link after a certain amount of time--you have to
re-net-use the drive in order to access it again.  That could just be
some weird issue I was having, though.

Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?