[pptp-server] OK, What's the magic?

Joe Beauchamp jbeauchamp at 4anything.com
Fri Dec 10 16:56:13 CST 1999

I know VPN should be a breeze -- I've had little luck with trying to set it up, but I see things going back and forth here like a lot of people are successfully using it.  I seem to have been able to create the connectivity (I've used both pptpd/ppp and vpnd at different times), but I just can't get one Windows 98 machine on one net to see the Windows 98 machine on the other!  Yes, it is driving me bonkers...  My ideal setup would be two places each with dhcp and masquerading and each with a connection to internet then I would use pptpd or vpnd to connect the 2 via linux (now using 2.2.12).  And this is where I am now.  Just can't get these guys to see each other.  I can ping, etc. but I can't "find computer" or see the networks via Windows.  I keep thinking this is some sort of routing issue, but I've tried everything that I can think of.  What's the trick, guys?  What am I missing??

Thanks!! -- Joe B.