[pptp-server] What the heck... Announcing pptpd-1.1.1pre1

Patrick J. LoPresti patl at cag.lcs.mit.edu
Fri Dec 24 09:56:31 CST 1999

Joe Beauchamp <jbeauchamp at 4anything.com> writes:

> This is what I got trying to build it on 2.2.14p16:
>
> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -I.    -g -fno-builtin -Wall -Werror -ansi -DSBI
> NDIR='"/usr/local/sbin"' -c pptpd.c
> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> pptpd.c: In function `main':
> pptpd.c:163: warning: implicit declaration of function `strdup'

[snip]

That is odd, because pptpd.c includes string.h, which is where strdup
should be declared.  So I think your glibc headers are buggy.

No big deal; I did not change any of that code, I just added "-Werror"
to the CFLAGS, which turns warnings into errors.  (This was mostly
while debugging my own code.)  Edit Makefile.in, delete "-Werror" from
CFLAGS, run configure again, and rebuild.

 - Pat