[pptp-server] 2 different logins with same username...

Philip L. Butler butler at dii.net
Mon Dec 27 08:30:27 CST 1999

Hi and Happy Holidays....

I was playing around with PopTop and found one thing I don't like -
and that's probably a pppd issue.  It turns out that a single user
can connect with PPTP more than once.  It actually seems to work
(i.e. no errors) if non-fixed IP addresses are used, but confuses
everything if that user is assigned a fixed IP address in the
chap-secrets file.

I have tried to put a hook into the ip-up script to kill duplicate
usernames but that doesn't seem to work quick enough.  Is there
anyway to have pptpd/pppd to not allow multiple connects with the
same username ??

Thanks,

Phil Butler
butler at dii.net