[pptp-server] RE: [pptp-server] pptpd & mschap-v2

David M. Straitiff straitiff at syrinex.com
Sat Jul 3 11:51:08 CDT 1999

Error 691 is an authentication problem probably due to the fact that MS
chap uses the domain name and username combo to authenticate.  If you
look at the logs you will probably see a message saying that MS chap is
trying to authenticate user "domain\\username".  I got it to work by
putting the full domain and user string in the client portion of the
chap-secrets file.

# Secrets for authentication using CHAP
# client        		server  	secret    	IP
addresses
workgroup\\user 	server  	password	 *

If anyone knows how to get it to default to a particular domain, I would
like to know.

Dave Straitiff