[pptp-server] Re: [pptp-server] MS Encryption pactch installation

David Luyer luyer at ucs.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jul 7 07:33:57 CDT 1999

> I just downloaded the MS encryption patch and got a .diff file. I have
> never dealt with a diff file and am not sure what to do with it. The
> instructions states "compile this pppd, and the associated kernel
> modules", but nothing about how to apply the patch. Can anyone help??

A .diff file is a patch.  Apply it with the 'patch' command.
You may need to read the manual page on patch but the main important
option is the '-p' option which may be needed (eg, -p1 to strip one
path component off filenames).

A typical patch application is something like
  cd some-distribution
  gzip -dc ../some-patch.gz | patch -p1
but this varies based on the specific patches.

David.