[pptp-server] Re: [pptp-server] Problems with pptp

Andrew McRory amacc at mailer.org
Thu Jul 8 04:44:31 CDT 1999

On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, Peter Grace wrote:

> Hello,
>
>         When my windows clients connect to the PoPToP server, the
> server sets the gateway ip in windows to the same ip as the windows
> machine (i.e. if ip address is set to 192.168.1.50, poptop sets
> gateway to 192.168.1.50 as well)
>
> I think this is the primary reason why I cannot do anything on the VPN
> connection asides from ping the ip it is given;  Any suggestions as to
> how I can make poptop set the info correctly?

I seem to have a similar problem... I've verified the kernel is configured
to forward and have gone as far as to disable the firewall and set all
policies to accept. I can see the client talk to the server using tcpdump
and can browse/access files on that samba server but when I try to access
any other machines on the remote network tcpdump shows a brodcast attempt
to which there is no reply. Interesting thing is I can ping any machine on
the remote subnet all day long with no errors!

Any ideas?

Andrew McRory - amacc at linuxsys.com ***********************************
Linux Systems Engineers / The PC Doctors                             *
3009-C West Tharpe Street - Tallahassee, FL 32303                    *