[pptp-server] Re: [pptp-server] Re: [pptp-server] Problems with pptp

David Luyer luyer at ucs.uwa.edu.au
Fri Jul 9 01:34:10 CDT 1999

> Jul  8 10:49:46 messiah pptpd[26825]: GRE: xmit failed from decaps_hdlc

> If any of you can shed some light onto the subject in regards to why the
> xmit is failing on decaps_hdlc and the ptyread/grewrite stuff, I'd be most
> appreciative.

> I don't know if its a pty problem or not.

I'd say not, since it's writing to the network (GRE) descriptor which failed.

This is very strange.

Could it be being blocked by a firewall rule on the local host?

Could it be that there is no route to the host in question?

I'll add some more debugging but I can't commit to CVS for a little as I've
made many changes in my source tree which I don't want to commit before I've
tested them (there are some reasonably bad bugs in the current version I've
fixed in my tree, but I've made such changes that I've potentially introduced
more).

David.