[pptp-server] Re: [pptp-server] Re: [pptp-server] Problems with pptp

Samuel Gonzalez, Jr. sam at linuxtec.com
Sat Jul 10 20:41:50 CDT 1999

Hello All,
                Just a quick update on the browsing problem.  I am using a WINS
server on another subnet, I remembered the most basic thing about wins is that
when a client uses wins, it also registers itself with the wins server.  I told
the machine that I was trying to get to to use the wins server as a client and I
was able to resolve the netbios name from my laptop using pptp.  Hope this helps

Sam