[pptp-server] Error 629 on NT

Matthew Ramsay matthewr at moreton.com.au
Mon Jul 19 18:00:59 CDT 1999

Hi Tavis,

did u get the same error when u added DOMAIN\\username servername
password *
?
this really should work.. try again..

in the options file you use for pptpd you should have:

name servername
remotename DOMAIN\\username
auth
require-chap
debug

and maybe others...

in your chap-secrets
DOMAIN\\username servername password *

You must replace DOMAIN with your domain obviously.. actually..  ppp
looks in the options file.. sees 'name servername' then matches
'servername' in your chap-secrets file.. hence so long as you have
servername in both options and chap-secrets it shouldn't matter...

also CHAP is considered 'encrypted authentication' so u should be able
to check that.. finally turn of IP header compression and software
compression..

if this doesn't work.. (and it should :-) send to me personally (ie. not
to the mailing list) a copy of all your config files and a debug dump.

-matt