[pptp-server] DTE problems with PoPToP ?

Paulo Pinto pspinto at srd.pt
Tue Jul 20 06:01:37 CDT 1999

At 07:02 PM 7/19/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Paulo;
>
>If success is reached by changing the DTE speed, this could be a case of
>buffer/FIFO overflow.
>
>What are the UARTs on the boxes (both client and server) ?
>Internal or external modems?

Hi.

Erm... nops..
Remember one thing... I *sometimes* have success changing the DTE speed,
not always. Another thing is the fact of sometimes *increasing* the DTE
speed I have success...
Really weird, han ?

In this case, this is the hardware envolved:

Linux Box:
RedHat 6.0 (kernel 2.2.5-15)
IBM Netfinity 5500 (Rackmount)
PII-450Mhz
256MB Ram
27Gb HD (RAID 5 .. comes down to +/- 18Gb)
Fast Ethernet

Client box:
Compaq Deskpro 6350 (PII-350)
Win95 w/ MSDun 1.3
Modem - USRobotics Sportster 56k (External)
(can get 50 to 53kbps connections to the net)

Honestly I don't think it is an HW problem.

One other thing... the linux box is inside a Firewall (Checkpoint's
Firewall One), configured whith NAT, but with no restricting policies,
i.e., all ports & protocols available for the linux box address.
I'm thinking on putting the machine outside the FW for testing purposes...
but for the PPTP idea to work, it_must_be inside the FW..

Still needing help on the DTE problem :/

Paulo Pinto
Sonae Redes de Dados
pspinto at srd.pt