[pptp-server] Relay for PPTP server?

Dave DeChellis daved at crl.dec.com
Wed Jul 21 10:20:26 CDT 1999

So the GRE is only used one the inital TCP negotiation is used?

Basically these are my needs; a simple relay should do the trick.

1) Basically RFC 1918 assigned PPTP server
2) Firewall machine between private/public IP network
3) A "relay" machine on the public network.

-IP client connects from ISP to the pseudo-PPTP server, the relay.
-Relay then forwards traffic to PPTP server to inside the firewall (relay
knows the private route
 to get to the real PPTP server
-PPTP authenticates the client, looking like the client is the relay
-The relay handles the connectivity to the real clients, yadda yadda yadda

This way, I can allow all traffic between the PPTP server and the relay.

So, I need a relay machine which can forward GRE (not so easy) and TCP
(easy)

Thanks,
Dave

P.S. I thought I remembered seeing a Linux PPTP relay for this sorta thing
from someone
at MIT