[pptp-server] Help Compiling with RC4

Marcus Lee marclee at mgmt.utoronto.ca
Sun Jul 25 16:05:10 CDT 1999

On Sun, 25 Jul 1999, Brian west wrote:
> I have tried and tried to get the kernel mods to compile and keep getting
> errors!! Is their an EXACT way to go about getting the correct files to
> compile the whole thing!  I have collected the rc4 files from openssl-0.9.3a
> but I have yet to have any luck getting this to work

Hi Brian,

I had problems with this until I read Andy Carlson's post in the
pptp-server mailing list archives...

  http://lists.schulte.org/pipermail/pptp-server/1999-July/000443.html

Basically, you need more than just rc4.h and rc4_enc.c from openssl.

  1. copy rc4.h, rc4_enc.c rc4_locl.h, rc4_skey.c to both
           .../ppp-2.3.8/linux/
     and
           /usr/src/linux/drivers/net/

  2. edit both "ppp_mppe.c" files and add the following line at the end
     of the set of #include lines at the top of the file...
           #include "rc4_skey.c"

... the rest of the standard instructions are fine.

Also, you might want to execute a "depmod -a" to update the
dependencies.

I hope this helps.

marc
--
Marcus Lee
marclee at mgmt.utoronto.ca
Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
[check http://mgmt.utoronto.ca/~marclee/ for my PGP Public Key]