[pptp-server] Route problems?

Richard Potter rpotter at rpcs.net
Mon Jul 26 07:25:10 CDT 1999

On Sun, 25 Jul 1999, Samuel Gonzalez, Jr. wrote:

> What does your syslog say about proxyarp when you make the connection?  There
> should be no routing problem if you are issuing an IP Address on the same subnet
> as your LAN.  I am connecting to my linux server and issuing my laptop an IP
> address the same as the subnet of the lan. I understand you may want to issue
> different IP addresses to your clients connecting through pptpd, but get it
> working first in it's most simple form first.

Thanks for the reply. It seems proxyarp is OK, from the logs:
"found interface eth0 for proxy arp"

But.. here's something from the server's logs that I need help with:

"ip_fw_demasq_gre(): Inbound from 24.x.x.28 has no masq table entry."

Any ideas on waht that means??

The server internal network is on 192.168.1. and I'm issuing an IP address
of 192.168.1.1 for local ip and 192.168.1.200-249 for remoteip.

Cheers!,
--
Richard Potter
Re/Max Team ideal Realty Inc.