[pptp-server] Starting over - proxy arp

Matt Templeton cybear at pacbell.net
Tue Jul 27 17:41:05 CDT 1999

I have started over... from windows98 second addition, I can establish a
VPN session that allows full routing if IP packets. I can login to any
server I want as long as I have ms-wins set to that server in the
options file. I can not browse the network, the network not available or
some such nonsense. I have proxyarp in the options file.

in my messages file on the server that pptpd is running on, I get the
messages:

CHAP peer authentication succeeded for <user name>
Cannot determine ethernet address for proxy ARP

followed by messages showing my local and remote IP addresses being set
right...I have a feeling that this proxy arp thing may be the problems I
have been having all along. Anyone have any suggestions???

Matt