[pptp-server] Connecting a LINUX PPTP client (1.0.2) and POPTOP (Last Version)

Carlos Castro Pena jcaspen at ittc.ukans.edu
Fri Jul 30 00:53:18 CDT 1999

I have been trying to establish a connection between a Linux client and
a Linux server on the same LAN, but I was not successful. I have been
reading the FAQ and the docs I found, but  I couldn't solve the problem.

/var/log/pptp.log of the server says:

pptpd: Client a.b.c.d control connection started
pptpd: EOF or bad error reading ctrl packet length
pptpd: couldn't read packet header (exit)
pptpd: CTRL read failed
pptpd: CLient a.b.c.d control connection finished

The client displays:

warn[open_inetsock:pptp_callmgr.c:287]: connect: Connection refused
fatal [callmgr_main:pptp_callmgr.c:122]: Could not open control
connection to a.b.c.d
fatal [launch_callmgr:pptp.c:213]: Call manager  exited with error 256

In some place I read that 'tunneling' must be compiled in the client.
 Can it be the reason? I don't have it compiled in the client.