[pptp-server] Re[2]: [pptp-server] v0.8.7 released

Jim Morris Jim at Morris.net
Tue Jun 1 12:34:59 CDT 1999

Hi Allan,

The Redhat 5.1 system I administer is running autoconf 2.12, and
automake 1.3.  This system is pretty much stock Redhat 5.1, with
updates applied.  Note that pptpd 0.8.4 does build - so its something
that has been added to the autoconf stuff since that time that has
broken it.  I would debug it myself... but although I've done a lot of
Unix development (commercial development for SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 most
recently, noting your Email address!), autoconf is not something I've
ever had the time to learn...  it might make my life easier in the
long run, I guess! ;-)

I've got both Redhat 6.0 and Caldera OpenServer 2.2 here, but really
don't need to run the VPN stuff on them at this point - just on the RH
5.1 box....

Thanks!

 --
It's reassuring to know that if you behave strangely enough,
society will take full responsibility for you.