[pptp-server] PPTPD Troubles

Gavin M. Roy gavinroy at nextpath.com
Thu Jun 3 18:32:45 CDT 1999

Hello, I looked through the archives, and the docs, but was unable to
figure this out so... :)

I am trying to get PPTPD to work as a PPTP server on my Slackware box.
I have compiled successfully, PPP is included in my kernel, and I have
copied the default configuration files over, and modified the IP
addresses.  Im sorry if I am an idiot, but just to make sure what is the
context of the localip and remoteip settings?  Is localip the ip addrs
to assign to the vpn client?  and is remoteip the ipaddrs of allowable
vpn clients trying to get in?

I am getting an Error #629 in the Win98 client.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Gavin