[pptp-server] pptpd still not handling dropped connections properly?

David Luyer luyer at ucs.uwa.edu.au
Fri Jun 4 08:14:34 CDT 1999

> you'll definitely want proxyarp in there but other than that you're ok.

Unless you're advertising routes for the new addresses rather than proxy
arping for them (which is how I'm doing things).  At present I'm using
a highly hacked routed, but I hope to move to using zebra, if I can't then
I'll move to gated.

BTW - I'm using an erpcd-enabled ppp-daemon (local patch), pptpd and a
modified routed to do reverse VPN - on-campus or resident college users
connect to the PPTP server with their dialup username and password
and then default route through it, allowing us to do traffic accounting
and assign privileges as per normal (all staff/students here have static
IP addresses for dialup).  Using PAP authentication and having the (modified)
PPPd allocate the IP addresses - not concerned about the security since the
access is considered to be over a secured network.  It seems to work, but
I haven't moved a large number of users on to it yet due to some issues
with the routed.

Some changes I have planned are to work a bit more on resource issues and
possibly to add TCP wrapper support, among other things.

David.