[pptp-server] pptpd still not handling dropped connections properly?

David Luyer luyer at ucs.uwa.edu.au
Sat Jun 5 01:00:42 CDT 1999

> have you looked  at mrtd (its a routing daemon for linux and others)
> http://www.mrtd.net/

Will look.

> > BTW - I'm using an erpcd-enabled ppp-daemon (local patch), pptpd and a
> > modified routed to do reverse VPN
> reverse vpn? Exactly how do you reverse a vpn? if you mean by using the vpn
> as your defaultroute so it can keep track of accesses thats one thing but
> what could/would a "Reverse" vpn do? (be an npv)

Well, it's the reverse in that people are connecting over a trusted network
in order to default route through the VPN, and using an insecure (PAP)
authentication protocol in the process - basically the opposite of verything
VPN is about.

> > with the routed.
> what issues?

Well, I made the PPP interfaces passive and forced it to scan for new
interfaces with minor changes, but making it drop old interfaces looks
harder.

David.