[pptp-server] v0.8.9 released

Bitt Faulk wfaulk at totalsports.net
Mon Jun 7 18:27:25 CDT 1999

On Mon, 7 Jun 1999, Matthew Ramsay wrote:

> PoPToP v0.8.9 has been released!

Hmm.  The addition of -ansi and -Wmissing-prototypes has caused some
problems for me.

The header files on my system claim that strdup does not exist in ansi
specification.  I don't really know if this is the case or not.  Also,
declaring '_BSD_SOURCE' (in pptpdcmds.c, for linux) causes some problems
in my setjmp.h.  It turns out that _BSD_SOURCE, in turn, defines
__FAVOR_BSD, which eventually leads to typedef sigjmp_buf jmp_buf; and
sigjmp_buf is declared only if __USE_POSIX is.  This may well be an error
in my includes, but maybe not.

Also, there exist some things in my header files that seem to have no
prototypes (errors, etc at bottom).

In addition, my system does not declare a socklen_t.  It simply uses
'int'.

After removing -ansi and -Wmissing-prototypes and defining socklen_t,
everything seems to be okay.

-Bitt

PS:

Here's the missing prototypes stuff:

sprawl% gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -I.    -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
-Werror -c pptpdcmds.c
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
In file included from /usr/include/linux/byteorder/little_endian.h:11,
                 from /usr/include/asm/byteorder.h:45,
                 from /usr/include/linux/in.h:173,
                 from /usr/include/netinet/in.h:79,
                 from pptpdcmds.c:55:
/usr/include/linux/byteorder/swab.h:100: warning: no previous prototype
for `__fswab16'
/usr/include/linux/byteorder/swab.h:104: warning: no previous prototype
for `__swab16p'
/usr/include/linux/byteorder/swab.h:108: warning: no previous prototype
for `__swab16s'
/usr/include/linux/byteorder/swab.h:113: warning: no previous prototype
for `__fswab32'
/usr/include/linux/byteorder/swab.h:117: warning: no previous prototype
for `__swab32p'
/usr/include/linux/byteorder/swab.h:121: warning: no previous prototype
for `__swab32s'
/usr/include/linux/byteorder/swab.h:127: warning: no previous prototype
for `__fswab64'
/usr/include/linux/byteorder/swab.h:137: warning: no previous prototype
for `__swab64p'
/usr/include/linux/byteorder/swab.h:141: warning: no previous prototype
for `__swab64s'