[pptp-server] Re: [pptp-server] Dumb newbie question...

David Luyer luyer at ucs.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jun 16 03:45:48 CDT 1999

> assuming your linux box is 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.100 through
> 192.168.1.255 are free
> you tell the pptp client to go to your remote ip.
> tell pptpd that local ips are 192.168.1.1 and remote ips are
> 192.168.1.100-255

Actually, if you have any people using the Linux client, you don't want to
tell them the local IP is the same as the IP they might use to connect to the
Linux box running pptpd.  It makes the routing table impossible.

So I suggest using an unused address for localip too, eg,

pptpd box: 192.168.1.1
unused: 192.168.1.100-254

configuration -

localip 192.168.1.100