[pptp-server] cvs server

Peter Galbavy Peter.Galbavy at knowledge.com
Fri May 14 12:01:09 CDT 1999

I have made a CVS server available to the PPTPD project as follows:

For read-only access:

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.pptpd.wonderland.org:/cvs/pptpd login

use password "anoncvs", then:

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.pptpd.wonderland.org:/cvs/pptpd checkout pptpd

Specific tags available (all the files I could find) are:

	PPTPD_0_8_0
	PPTPD_0_8_1
	PPTPD_0_8_2
	PPTPD_0_8_3
	PPTPD_0_8_4

For write access, I would expect Matthew to let me know who is allowed to,
and then I will expect (from those people) either a UNIX passwd line
with encrypted password so I can add it, or I will generate you a
password. I include myself in the "am I allowed to write ?" list Malcolm :)
I am making the assumtion here that Malcolm wants to use a CVS server
for the project, has the time to read the docs and can be bothered :)

No rush for now, we can just keep importing new release to the tree.
I am happy to take on the "release engineering" role for the CVS side.
Whatever - I'm easy.

For how to use CVS and the CVS FAQ please see:

	http://www.cyclic.com/ and follow the links

I would love to give a quick tutorial, but there is no way it can be quick.

Finally, the commit messages currently go to me, but they should really
go to a mailing list. I will happily set one up under something like
cvs-changes at pptpd.wonderland.org but I will await instructions.

Oh yeah, I suggest that all the auto generated files and smeg.log etc.
get deleted from the trunk ASAP and that the auto-generated files are
only added back to release tagged branches.

Regards,
--
Peter Galbavy
Knowledge Matters Ltd