[pptp-server] PPTP CTRL Connection

Thane Brooker thane at principle.co.uk
Wed May 26 17:06:10 CDT 1999

I only found pptp server a few days ago - just what is needed.

I find the same problem - if the client doesn't do a graceful disconnect
(ie
just turn off or unplug) then PPPD will terminate but the ctrl
connection
stays open.  As a fast workaround, could you pass the PID number of ctrl
connection to PPPD (by appending "iiparam PIDNUMBER" to the command line
that
calls pppd).  Then when I run my ip-down script, I can kill the
ctrl-connection as well.

This also has the benefit that you could use the timeout in pppd to
close the
connection.

Ideally ctrl connection would monitor the pppd demon, and terminate
itself
when pppd dies, but I guess that would require quite a bit more work.

I would write something myself but C is not my strongpoint.

Thane Brooker