[pptp-server] Routing PPTP tunnels

Christopher Kuhl chrisk at ciris.net
Wed Nov 3 11:06:31 CST 1999

I am having a problem with pptp tunnels when I connect from an LRP router to
an LRP router.  When the tunnel is made, I can ping each router, but nothing
on the remote network.  If I connect with a Windows machine it works fine.
I added routes on both ends back to the other, and the routing table looks
fine.  I also tryed to masq the client router, but I keep getting TCP/UDP
checksum errors(any help with this is welcome).  I really need this to work
soon.  I want to just route the trafic on the tunnel, not masq it.  I think
the problem may be in my firewall script, but I am not sure.  I have two
rules, "ipfwadm -I -a accept -W ppp1", and "ipfwadm -O -a accept -W ppp1".
If I am masq'ing trafic comes through, but I get a lot of checksum errors
and my terminal apps stall for long periods of time.  The part that stumps
me is that a Windows (they do not get masg'ed by the way) machine has not
trouble, and I can ping the local ip, remote ip, and the routers our ips
from both sides.  This leads me to believe that my firewall rules are OK.  I
am masq'ing the ppp connection to the internet, but not the second ppp
connection from the tunnel.  Has anyone got this working, and if so, how?

Thanks,
Chris Kuhl